The Head of the State noted that during the negotiations an array of questions on strengthening and further development of interstate cooperation was discussed, as well as the progress of agreements reached inside of the previously held meetings.
- In January 2017 we celebrate 25 years since the establishment of diplomatic relations between Kazakhstan and Iran. During that time the interstate cooperation has received intensive development; close and trust-based relations have been established on all fronts, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The Head of the State made a point of our country’s continued support of the Iranian foreign policy initiatives, noting that Kazakhstan in all circumstances did not suspend relations with Tehran. The President of Kazakhstan underscored that two rounds of talks held in Almaty on the Iranian nuclear program had contributed to the solution of that challenging problem.
Nursultan Nazarbayev specified a number of promising areas of bilateral cooperation identified during the negotiations. Among them is the mutual development of the transit transport sector potential, including cooperation in the railway sector, establishment of long-term joint ventures in the agricultural sector, as well as cooperation in the mining and metallurgical industry.
In point of fact, the President drew attention to the achievement of agreements aimed at increasing air traffic, the visa regime optimization and tourism promotion.
The President of Kazakhstan emphasized that he backs up Iran's intention to establish a free trade area with the EEU.
Nursultan Nazarbayev also said that through the negotiations the sides had exchanged views on topical issues of the international and regional agenda.
- We have showed unity when it comes to combating outspread of Islamophobia, inaccurate identification of Islam with terrorism and Jihadism. The agreement has been attained to strengthen the political influence of the two countries within the international organizations such as the UN, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation and the SCO, he said.
In conclusion, Nursultan Nazarbayev highlighted the strong potential for further intensification of the Kazakh-Iranian interaction.
Summarizing the results of the President of the Islamic Republic of Iran Hassan Rouhani’s official visit the following documents have been inked:
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran on cooperation in the field of veterinary medicine and animal health;
- Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Iran on cooperation in the field of maritime merchant shipping;
- Memorandum between the Investment and Development Ministry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Organization of Applied Arts and Tourism of the Islamic Republic of Iran on mutual easing of group tourist trips;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Central Bank of the Islamic Republic of Iran on assistance in in bilateral trade organization;
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Health and Social Development Ministry of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Ministry of Cooperatives, Labor and Social Security of the Islamic Republic of Iran on cooperation in the field of labor and social security.