At the end of the Congress of world and traditional religions Head of State Nursultan Nazarbaev met with the heads of the delegations participated in the forum. The outcomes of the forum were discussed at the meetings.
The President of Kazakhstan received René van der Linden, President of the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly.
- Your intercultural and inter-religious dialogue is a unique event. I would like to emphasize the significant contribution of President Nazarbaev to the development of the dialogue. Mutual understanding is very significant for us. This is a main condition for keeping peace and stability. I do believe that religious leaders will contribute to the maintaining peace in the world,- René van der Linden said at a press briefing.
The Head of State received Jamyang Luosangjiumei Tudanquejijima, the Deputy Chairman of the Buddhist Association of China.
- This is my second visit to Astana, and it is a beautiful city. Astana has changed over the last three years. The Congress has had a complete success. Representatives of many religions exchanged views on many actual issues. We will be waiting for the next meeting in Astana, in order to contribute to the maintenance of peace and stability in the region and in the world, - the religious leader noted at the briefing.
The Head of State received religious leader Don Bonker, Representative, National Prayer Breakfast (U. S. Senate and House Prayer Groups).
- We are considering the Congress as a well-timed and important event. There are many conflicts in the modern world, and many of them have a religious basis. President Nursultan Nazarbaev makes all efforts to promote inter-religious dialogue. All together we can achieve much, despite our differences. This event in Astana is a unique one, because religious leaders from all over the world have gathered together to discuss important matters. Thank to the President and to the people of Kazakhstan, we will probably achieve consolidation and accord, - Don Bonker said.
The Head of State Nursultan Nazarbaev also received Reverend Dr. Ishmael Noko, the Secretary General of the Lutheran World Federation.
- This was a very fruitful conference. We realize that the Congress is being held in the country refused nuclear weapon. This was an outstanding decision, which was made by the Government of Kazakhstan. Instead of investing in weapons, Kazakhstan has made investments in the peaceful coexistence of nations not only in the country, but in the whole world. I wish Kazakhstan to continue that policy, - I. Nook emphasized.
The President of Kazakhstan received Demberel Choijamts, the Head of the Centre of Mongolian Buddhism and Abbot of Gandan Tegchenling Monastery.
-We are happy to take part in this congress. This very important congress, which plays a significant role in the formation of global inter-religious dialogue, was made possible due to the initiative of President Nursultan Nazarbaev of Kazakhstan, - D. Choijamts said.
Matters on developing bilateral collaboration and ways of solving the nuclear problem of Iran were discussed at the meeting with Ali Akbar Sadegi Rashad.
- Kazakhstan is a beautiful country, and wonderful people live here. This is my first visit, but I feel like I am at home. The Second Congress of world and traditional religions was held at exceptionally high organizational level. The participants submitted very interesting and scientific reports, - he said at the press briefing.