Foreign Policy and International Relations Department is a structural subdivision of the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main directions of its activity are:
1. Provision of realization of the President’s powers in the field of foreign policy
- making up the President’s schedule of international events and provision of their substance;
- provision of interaction of the President and the senior staff of the Executive Office with political and public figures of foreign countries and international organisations;
- informational-analytical provision of the President’s activity;
- submitting suggestions on main directions of foreign policy of the Republic of Kazakhstan and improvement of cooperation with foreign states;
- submitting suggestions on improvement of the public management system concerning foreign policy and diplomatic service;
- control over realization of foreign policy by state bodies, execution of the President’s and senior staff’s acts and instructions concerning foreign policy;
- participation in drafting acts and decisions concerning conclusion, suspension and termination of international agreements of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- participation in expertise of draft bills and laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan brought for signature to the Head of State, and also in developing acts of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan concerning foreign policy, including strategic and program documents.
2. Realisation of other powers of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the senior staff of the Executive Office
- consideration within the Department's authority of addresses of individuals and legal bodies sent to the President;
- participation in preparation of consideration of reports, information of the Government, state bodies and officials to the President;
- performance of other functions in the field of foreign policy.
Head of Foreign Policy and International Relations Department of the Presidential Executive Office of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Dauletbek K. KUSAINOV
Born on May 5th, 1977 in North Kazakhstan region.
Graduated from Kokshetau University in 1998, Eurasian Humanitarian Institute, Economy and Business Degree (2010) and University of Stirling, Master of Science with merit, Diplomacy and Security Studies (2016).
Started his career in 1998 as the German Teacher at the Kokshetau University.
From 1998-1999 – Lecturer at the German Department of Kokshetau University;
From 1999 to 2000 – Consultant at the National Center for sustainable development of the Ministry of Environment of Kazakhstan;
From 2000 to 2004 – Attaché, Third Secretary, Second Secretary of the Department of Multilateral Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Kazakhstan;
From 2004 to 2008 – Third Secretary of the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in Kingdom of Belgium;
From 2008 to 2009 – Head of the Division of the Department of Trade Negotiations of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Kazakhstan;
From 2009 to January 2014 – Consultant, Inspector, Head of the Sector of the Center for Foreign Policy of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
In February 2014 he held the position of Deputy Chief of the Foreign Policy Centre of the Presidential Administration of Kazakhstan;
From September 2014 to March 2017 he served as the Minister-Counsellor at the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland;
From March 2017 to July 2019 served as the Minister-Counsellor at the Embassy of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the United States of America;
Since October 2019 serves as the Chief of Foreign Policy and International Relations Department of the Presidential Administration of Kazakhstan.
Fluent in English and German, beginner in Dutch.
Married with 3 children.