Protocol Department of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan is a structural subdivision of the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The Protocol Department’s main functions are:
- preparation and carrying out of foreign visits and working trips to the country’s regions of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the First Lady, and other interstate and international events;
- elaboration of programs of foreign visits, working trips to the country’s regions and other events with participation of the Head of State;
- coordination of work of state bodies and organisations in terms of protocol-organizational preparation and carrying out of interstate and international events with the participation of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the First Lady;
- improvement of protocol and organizational practice on the basis of analysis of international experience in protocol and organizational provision of the activity of heads of foreign states;
- preparation and addressing messages of various content on behalf of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan to heads of states and governments of foreign countries, notable political and public figures of foreign states.
Chief of the Presidential Protocol
Madi B. ATAMKULOV
Madi Atamkulov was born in 1974.
He is the graduate of the Kazakh National Technical University, with a degree in metallurgical engineering, and the Academy of Public Administration under the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, with a degree in international relations.
Over the years, he worked in non-governmental sector. Madi Atamkulov held various positions in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan. He was the First Secretary, Head of the Unit, Division, Deputy Chief of Protocol, Chief of the State Protocol Service of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. He also served as Deputy Chief of Staff of the Senate of Kazakhstan’s Parliament.
He holds the diplomatic rank of the First-class Counsellor.
He is awarded with 3 jubilee medals.