1. Upon the invitation of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan H.E. Mr. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev the President of the Republic of Albania Bajram Begaj paid an official visit to the Republic of Kazakhstan on 6-8 September 2023.
2. Heads of State held warm, friendly, and thorough negotiations, highly appreciating the results of the development of Kazakh-Albanian relations achieved over 30 years of diplomatic relations. They agreed to further improve the level of relations between Kazakhstan and Albania, deepen cooperation in various fields, and exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual interest. The Presidents welcomed the high dynamics of political and economic cooperation between their countries.
3. Parties expressed the desire to contribute to the strengthening of peace, security and stability at the global and regional level. They stressed their unwavering commitment to international law and the basic principles of the UN Charter. In this regard, the Parties highly appreciated the initiatives of Kazakhstan to establish the UN Regional Center for Sustainable Development Goals for Central Asia and Afghanistan, as well as the International Agency for Biological Safety in Almaty.
4. The Head of State congratulated Albania on its non-permanent membership in the UN Security Council in the period 2022-2023.
5. The parties highly appreciated the reforms being carried out in both countries and measures for sustainable development of internal policy and social economy aimed at improving the well-being of the peoples of Kazakhstan and Albania.
6. The Heads of State expressed satisfaction with the implementation of large-scale initiatives related to the development of the Trans-Caspian International Transport Route in Central Asia.
7. Both sides are willing to further enhance the transparency, stability, and predictability of investment policies for the economic development of their countries; to continue efforts on ensuring a stable, open and predictable business environment for investors, as well as jointly support cooperation projects aiming at realization of mutual benefits and safeguarding the rights and interests of investors.
8. Parties expressed interest in opening direct air connection between the countries and further increasing the number of flights and destinations.
9. Heads of State noted with satisfaction the entry into force of the intergovernmental Agreement on Mutual Visa Exemption between the two countries, signed on 22 September 2022 in New York, and agreed to implement the said document, as well as to promote more favorable conditions for the movement of people and expressed readiness to explore measures aimed at broadening the normative and legal cooperation in the field of migration.
10. Parties supported the cooperation between the regions of the two countries in various fields and welcomed the establishment of sister relations between the capitals and other cities, which will enhance the co-operative potential of the countries in order to strengthen the ties between the peoples of Kazakhstan and Albania.
11. Presidents expressed their intention to increase co-operation in the cultural sphere and supported initiatives aimed at holding joint events in the upcoming years.
12. Heads of State expressed confidence that the agreements reached during the talks will give a powerful impetus to the further development of bilateral cooperation in various spheres and serve the interests of the peoples of Kazakhstan and Albania.