In order to take further action in the field of human rights, I DECREE:
1. To the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan:
1) to approve the Plan of Priority Measures on Human Rights (hereinafter referred to as the Action Plan), which envisages the following areas of work:
improving the mechanisms of interaction with the UN treaty bodies and special procedures of the UN Human Rights Council;
ensuring the rights of victims of human trafficking;
human rights of citizens with disabilities;
the elimination of discrimination against women;
the right to freedom of association;
the right to freedom of expression;
the human right to life and public order;
increasing the efficiency of interaction with non-governmental organisations;
human rights in criminal justice, enforcement and prevention of torture and ill-treatment;
2) ensure the implementation of the Action Plan;
3) annually, by January 25, based on the results of the year, submit to the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan information on the implementation of the Action Plan;
4) take other measures to implement this Decree.
2. Control over the implementation of this Decree shall be entrusted to the Executive Office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. This Decree comes into effect from the date of its signing.
President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Kassym-Jomart Tokayev
Nur-Sultan, Akorda, June 9, 2021