During the meeting the Head of the State noted the effective cooperation of Kazakhstan and Russia in the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- Our relations are in progress. The issues come up, but we solve them at the level of our governments. We have discussed the matters of Baikonur’s further development. Now we have worked out the Road Map in question for 8 years, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
Kazakhstan's President has also emphasized our country’s fruitful presidency in the EEU, during which the Union’s Customs Code was agreed and prepared for signing.
- I feel that the present Heads of the States will set their seals to the document. Commercial exchange between the EEU countries is declining; that is due to the situation on the stock exchange prices of our goods. At the same time, the quantum of trade remains unchanged, Nursultan Nazarbayev said.
The President of Kazakhstan expressed his intention regarding the further development of military and technical cooperation with the Russian Federation.
In addition, the Head of the State assured Vladimir Putin of Kazakhstan’s readiness to provide the platform in Astana for the talks on the Syrian conflict.
In turn, the Russian leader congratulated Nursultan Nazarbayev on 25 years of Kazakhstan's independence, noting the country’s achievements during that period.
- Kazakhstan is the active participant of integration processes. The mere fact that the prosperous country is pushing for the integration project is a positive impact on all parties to the EEU, Vladimir Putin said.
The following documents have been inked as a result of bilateral negotiations:
- Concept of further cooperation in "Baikonur" complex;
- Protocol to amend the interstate agreement on Baikonur; the order of formation and the status of its executive bodies as of 23 December 1995, with regard to list of Kazakhstan’s state bodies.